"AddThis"

Thursday, December 17, 2020

RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN. -OCTOPUS BLUES- BY CARLOS MIJARES POYER

 RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN.

-OCTOPUS BLUES-
As I changed colors
I chose ebony before ivory
and red over blue
The lustered automobile
as a resident of evil
the Ford, wheel upturned
I never knew song
over promise
or hymn in the story
I don't know why
Yet, meandering
it all appeared in the corners
as an old explorer
of the Dream
I told no lie
They said I had two heads
one brain, no eyes-
and my running legs
the changing of the dyes
in the electric blues
of the sea and the sky
and the punishment of
an ending storm in the horizon
Glowing now,
the dance resumed
and turned abruptly
to see the sinking ship
and the drowning minds.
CARLOS MIJARES POYER
DEC 16, 2020
CARACAS, VENEZUELA #ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Blog Archive